Adult CPR Summary
Age Determination: Begins with the onset of puberty.
Explanation: Any signs of facial hair or under arm hair in the boys or any signs of breast development in the girls.
Compression to breath ratio: 30 compressions to 2 breaths.
Compressions: 30 Compressions, at least 2 inches in depth at a rate of 100 per minute
Breaths: Tilt Head and Lift Chin. Breaths should be 1 second in length. Just enough to see the chest rise, but no more.
When to call 911: Immediately. Once unresponsiveness is determined send a bystander to call and get the AED and if no one is available, then leave the victim and go call 911 and get the AED.
Steps for Adult CPR:
- Check the scene for safety
- Determine Responsiveness
- Call 911 and get an AED or send someone to do it
- Expose the victims chest and begin chest compressions. 30 compressions, pressing down at least 2 inches at a rate of 100 per minute
- Tilt head, pinch nose and give 2 breaths
- Repeat Compressions and Breaths until AED or EMS arrives
Pocket CPR guide courtesy of Learn CPR.
Reproduced with Permission of the copyright holder.